You can trade 24 hours a day, starting at 00:00 Monday and closing at 24:00 Friday (server time). Please note that the server time is GMT + 2 (GMT + 3 applies during daylight saving/summertime).
XSMarkets is operated by XS Markets Ltd (previously Rockfrost Ltd) which ensures the safety of client funds and consumer protection under the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). Some of the measures we take are as follows:
- Segregation of clients’ funds
- Clients’ funds get transferred to the Company’s segregated client bank account. These funds are off balance sheet and cannot be used to pay creditors in the unlikely event of Company insolvency.
- Bank accounts
- We maintain client and operational bank accounts with EU banking institutions of great repute.
- Investor Compensation Fund (ICF)
- The Investor Compensation Fund ensures that the Company pays compensation to all clients in the unlikely event of the Company becoming insolvent or having to suspend its services. The total payable compensation to each covered Client of the Company is defined as the lower of 90% of the cumulative covered claims of the covered Client and the amount of twenty thousand Euros (EUR 20,000).
As a regulated financial services provider, we are obliged to meet strict financial requirements, including the monthly submission of financial reports to our main regulatory body, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). We are thus required by law to maintain sufficient liquid capital in order to cover clients’ deposits, possible fluctuations in the Company’s currency positions, and any outstanding costs. Our regulator is informed by any deficiencies in a detailed audit submitted by an independent internal auditor every year.
The CFDs margin formula is Lots * Contract Size * Opening Price * Margin Percentage.
How can I calculate 1 pip of profit or loss?
1 pip of profit or loss is calculated as: Amount of Base Currency*Pips = Value in Quote Currency. For example:
Value of 1 pip in EUR/USD= 1 Lot (100 000 €)*0.0001= 10 USD
Value of 1 pip in USD/CHF= 1 Lot (100 000 $)*0.0001=10 CHF
Value of 1 pip in EUR/JPY=1 Lot (100 000 €)*0.01= 1000 JPY
We offer negative balance protection to all clients as part of the Agreement with a client, as long as it is not manipulated. The interests of our clients are our primary objective; therefore, we ensure that clients may never lose more than their total deposits.
Our platform supports such functionalities. Please be aware that trading operations using additional functions on your client terminals such as trailing stop or expert advisor are executed completely under your responsibility, as they depend directly on your trading terminal.
Yes, we do. You are free to hedge your positions on your trading account. Hedging takes place when you simultaneously open a LONG and a SHORT position on the same instrument.
Leverage is the multiplication of your balance. This allows you to open bigger trading positions since the margin required will be lowered according to the leverage of the instrument you have chosen to trade. Even though with leverage you can make a bigger profit, there is also a risk of having a bigger loss because the positions you open will be of higher volume (lot size).
Your account balance is 100 EUR
The leverage based on the instrument you wish to trade is 30:1
For your trading capital this means 30 * 100 EUR = 3,000 EUR to trade (instead of 100 EUR).
How can I open a new trade/position?
Select ‘Tools’ and then ‘New Order’ from within your trading platform.
Complete the required information in the new window.